Bed Bug Control Townsville
Pest Control Treatment for Bed Bugs
Among pest travellers, bedbugs are likely the greatest nuisances. They latch on immediately after you sit on a foreign bed or piece of furniture, and they can hitchhike for miles before they latch off. Since they lay eggs as soon as they feed off you, you will need to call pest control as soon as possible. At Pro Pest Control Townsville, we can help you out with your bedbug problem.
Our pest control service specializes in eliminating bed bug infestations and other insect pests. Don’t let bed bugs continue to disturb your sleep and sanity.
Call now to schedule an inspection!
Phone our team on 07 4158 5555 or get a FREE quote online
How We Treat Bedbugs
At Pro Pest Control Townsville, we will first check the room for the signs of bedbugs and determine whether you have an infestation or not. If you do, then we will use our professional vacuum units to unlatch and remove the bulk of bedbugs. For pests and eggs that were not removed by the vacuum, we will use a chemical treatment to kill off the rest of the infestation.
Why Are Bedbugs Considered Pests?
While bedbugs aren’t known for transmitting disease, they are still an annoyance and a potential health hazard for sensitive groups. Their shed skins and faeces can trigger allergic reactions, and their bites can be itchy and fairly annoying. Plus, bedbugs not only have the potential of damaging your home and belongings but your mental health as well.
Recognising Bedbugs in Townsville
Adult bedbugs in Townsville range from 1mm to 5mm, with a recently fed bedbug having the dimension of an apple seed. Typically, the bedbug itself is flat and has a light brown colour, but it can look red and engorged after it has one meal.
Despite their name, they do not live only in beds, but in wallpaper, clothing, and clutter as well.
Common Signs of a Bedbug Infestation
Bedbugs may be small, but when it comes to covering their tracks, they are not very good at it. Bedbugs leave a mess in their wake, from faeces to shed skins all over the place.
How Do You Know You Have a Bedbug Problem?
You typically know you have a bedbug problem when you begin seeing the following signs:
- Bedbug faeces all over your walls, linen, and mattress
- Dark spots on your walls and furniture
- Shed bedbug skin
- Bedbug eggs (shells or unhatched)
- Small spots of blood on your linen, from where bedbugs fed
- An unpleasant musty scent, caused by the bedbug scent glands
Treatment Tips and Advice for Bedbugs
Bedbug infestations can be prevented beforehand with just a few tricks. Here is what you need to do:
- Check the Rooms Before You Settle: Before you start unpacking in a hotel room or anywhere else, check the room for bedbugs. Don’t just stick to the bed but check the walls and furniture as well.
- Leave Luggage at the Door: Whether you are traveling or coming home, don’t bring the luggage straight in. Hitchhikers may climb up your luggage in a hotel room, or down when you put your bag on the bed.
- Use High Temperatures when Washing: Bedbugs cannot handle temperatures over 45 degrees. So, wash clothing and bed linen at high temperatures to kill bedbugs.
- Don’t Put Clothing on the Bed: We often tend to put clothing on the bed when we change in our accommodation, but you may want to stop doing that. Bedbugs typically hide in clothing as well.
- Vacuum Regularly: Vacuuming typically catches small pests in your rug and furniture. If there are any stray bed bugs in your home, the vacuum cleaner will catch them.
- Wash Clothes After Trips: When you get home from a trip, put your clothes directly in the washing machine. You may also clean or check your luggage as well.
- Repair Wall Cracks: Bedbugs can also hide in cracks in the wall. Repair them to prevent potential hiding spots.
- Use a Steam Cleaner: High-temperature steam is lethal for bedbugs. Use it regularly on your bed, furniture, and rug to prevent an infestation.
- Check Second-Hand Furniture: If you are buying second-hand furniture, look for signs of bedbugs. Do these checks before you bring the piece into your home.
- Remove Clutter: Bedbugs like clutter, as it offers a nice opportunity to hide. Clean the clutter to remove their hiding places.
How Much Does Bedbug Control Cost in Townsville?
The average bedbug treatment package for bedbugs in Townsville is around $500. This will depend on the severity of the infestation, along with the number of treatment sessions needed.
How Long Does It Take to Apply Bedbug Control?
Bedbug control is one of the lengthiest pest control processes. While one treatment may take an average of 20-30 minutes to get done, multiple treatment sessions may be needed throughout the month.
Do I Need to Leave the House?
Typically, bedbug control treatments are safe and may not require you to leave the house; an open window may be enough. However, if you are from a sensitive group, you may want to leave the home for 2-3 hours.
Why Choose Us
- QBCC License
- 10 Years of Experience
- Member Member
- $2000000 Public Liability Insured
- Local Townsville Business
- Eco-friendly Treatments
- Follow the Bed Bug Code of Practice
- Fully licensed
- 100% Customer satisfaction
- Free Quotations
- Fast and Reliable Exterminators
Bed Bug Control Services
- Bed Bug Removal
- Treatment from $330
Locations on the Townsville
- Cape Cleveland
- Oak Valley
- Alligator Creek
- Mount Stuart
- Ross River
- Mount Elliot
- Majors Creek
- Reid River
Get In Touch
Don’t let the bed bugs bite!
Contact Pro Pest Control Townsville to schedule a suitable time to visit you.
Phone us on 07 4158 5555.