Quality Termite Protection
Termites attack, on average, one-third of the homes in Townsville. As the overall humidity in Queensland is high, you must install the correct type of termite protection in your home. At Pro Pest Control Townsville, we can help protect your home by installing a termite barrier.
Phone 07 4158 5555
Get a FREE quote! Contact our team for reliable service and have a chat about your requirements.
- While termites prefer to spend their time in the tunnels that they build, they also have wings. They are typically used when they are relocating their entire colony.
- Termites can lay more than 10 million eggs per year, as a termite queen can lay one egg every three seconds.
- Termite eggs take about 2 weeks to hatch, but a colony takes 6-7 years to mature. Yearly termite inspections may be enough to prevent a termite colony from damaging your home.
- The world has around $2,300 species of termites, and 360 of them are in Australia.
- Termites frequently like damp areas, which makes Townsville, Queensland, a great target for them.
Pre-Construction Termite Barriers
These are installed in the pre-construction stage of the house. While these barriers don’t kill termites, they will prevent them from accessing the structure. Here are the most common types of barriers for long-term pest protection:
- Termseal: Flexible polymer that will form a membrane upon curing. This will seal the entrances and prevent the termites from coming in.
- Greenmesh: Typically used together with Termseal, the stainless-steel greenmesh will prevent the termites from advancing. This should offer long-term termite protection.
- Termite Collars: Installed around the penetration pipes, as their high humidity is likely what will attract termites in the first place.
Pre-construction systems are a great way for you to receive long-term termite protection. Perhaps for the rest of your home’s life. Our pest control technicians can offer you advice on the best termite protection, to ensure you are fully protected.
Post-Construction Termite Barriers
If the home has already been built without a pre-construction pest barrier, then post-construction termite protection should be applied instead. This can take various forms, but the essence is that these barriers use chemicals to kill rather than deter the termites.
Chemical Termite Barriers
When installing termite protection on your property, we choose from two types of chemical barriers: the standard liquid chemical termite barrier, and the termite baiting system.
The liquid barrier is installed on the soil, forming a circle around the house. The chemical is not necessarily repellent for the termites – and they might not even notice it in the first place. However, shortly after coming in contact with it, the termites will die. At Pro Pest Control Townsville, we use Termidor in order to install termite protection, due to its efficiency in the longer term.
Termite baiting systems may also act as a barrier, as they deter the termites away from your home. Their purpose is to monitor termite activity, and homeowners often install them together with a standard chemical termite barrier.
At Pro Pest Control Townsville, we are very careful about how we install termite protection. We follow the guidelines provided by the Queensland government, including:
- Australian Standards AS 3660.2-2000 – Australian Standard 3660.1 – 2014
- Manufacturer guidelines of pre-construction and post-construction barriers (physical and chemical barriers)
- National Construction Code (NCC) and Building Code of Australia (BCA)
- Pesticide Product Labelling and Information Transparency
Our pest control technicians can ensure the termite protection installed on your property will keep the pest issues away in the long term. We will also frequently monitor the status of your termite barrier, to ensure you do not lose the protection.
Termite Baiting Systems
Termite baiting systems are installed in strategic points around your home, offering pest protection as they monitor the termite activity. Unlike standard barriers, termite baiting systems do not fully surround the home. But instead, use non-toxic cellulose cartridges to draw the pest away.
The termite baits are regularly checked to see if termites were intercepted, and if a termite infestation was confirmed, the non-toxic cellulose bait will be replaced with a toxic one. This will kill the termites and the colony within a couple of days.
At Pro Pest Control Townsville, we use Trelona, Sentricon, and Exterra baits in order to offer you termite protection. All of them are around 10 times more attractive to termites than wood and will likely intercept termites that are on their way to your home.
Assessing the Home for Termites
Before we install a termite barrier in your home, we will also assess the premises. Termite protection only works if the barrier is installed on a “clean slate.” This means that no active termites must be present on the premises.
If the home is clean, our pest control technicians will recommend the type of barrier that works well in your case. If you’ve had a termite infestation before, then a chemical barrier shall be recommended. However, if you did not have an infestation but want to keep an eye out for the pest, a termite baiting system might just provide enough pest protection.
The price for the termite baiting system will depend on a variety of factors, such as the size of your home or the quality of the soil. For instance, the soil absorbency might dictate different quantities of termiticide to be used, which can affect the price.
Yard accessories such as pavers, concrete paths, or tiles might also increase the difficulty of the installation, which can influence the final cost.
How Much Do Termite Barriers Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay between $1500 to $4500. Mainly, it depends on the size of your home. On average, a chemical barrier costs around $40-$60 per linear metre.
Are Termite Barriers Dangerous for My Pets?
As long as your pet does not come in contact with the wet substance, there should be no danger for it. So, you may want to keep guard of your dog for around 2-3 hours until the barrier dries completely.
How Long Does It Take to Install a Termite Barrier?
The installation time will depend on the size of the house. For instance, the average 3-bedroom home will take around 7-8 hours for the barrier to be installed.
Why Choose Us
- Termite Protection Specialists
- 100% Termite Colony Elimination Guarantee
- QBCC Licensed
- We are Termidor Accredited Applicators
- $2 Million Dollar Termidor Warranty
- Locally Owned and Operated Pest Control Company
- Public Liability Insurance $20,000,000
- Experienced and Reliable
- Friendly Customer Service
- Fully Licensed Pest Technicians
- Always on Time – If We Make an Appointment We Stick To It
- Free Quotes and Advice
- Great Price Structure – We are Competitive
- 12 Month Warranty on All Pest Control Treatments
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
Our Service Areas
- Mount Stuart
- Oak Valley
- Cape Cleveland
- Mount Elliot
- Alligator Creek
- Ross River
- Majors Creek
Request a Quote
Give us a call today to arrange an appointment. Our friendly team are ready to take your call. Phone Pro Pest Control Townsville on 07 4158 5555.