Rat and Mice Treatments
Rats and mice are common all over Australia, and Townsville is no exception. They are found in cities, in the suburbs – and mainly everywhere that they can find food.
In order to prevent rodents, you may want to employ pest control. When you choose Pro Pest Control Townsville, you get highly trained experts with experience..
Get in touch today and schedule a Pest Inspection! Phone 07 4158 5555
How We Treat Rodents
When treating a rodent infestation, we will first search the house for the pests and determine where their dwelling spots are. We will use a variety of tools to find them, such as torches or motion detectors.
Once we confirm them, we will use our treatment to remove the rat infestation. Then, we will proceed to apply preventive treatment, so that they won’t come back in.
Why Are Rodents Considered Pests?
Rodents are pests not only because they chew our electrical wiring and storage food, but they are also a potential health hazard. They have the potential of carrying more than 35 contaminants such as Hantavirus, Salmonella, and other transmissible diseases. The disease is typically transmitted through the faeces they leave around the house, but also as they eat your stored items.
Rodent Species in Townsville
Townsville has a variety of rodents, but the more likely species to infest a home are the following:
- House Mouse: Very small attic dwellers that often chew on the electrical wires.
- Black Rat: Despite the name, this rat is actually brown and spends its time on the roofs.
- Norway Rat: Large rats that usually spend their time in the sewers.
Common Signs of Rodents
Typically, when you see or hear a rodent, there is a good chance you have a problem with rats or mice. If that happens, you may want to contact an expert to get rid of the problem. At Pro Pest Control Townsville, we can help you with this matter.
How Do You Know You Have a Rodent Problem?
If you notice the following signs, you are likely dealing with a rodent problem:
- Frequent rodent sighting
- Droppings throughout the house
- Chewed electrical wires and flickering lights
- Constant scratching sounds coming from the walls
- Foul odour, especially in the attic and in your walls
Treatment Tips and Advice
Rodents can be kept away with just a few tricks, which include:
- Getting a Cat: Cats don’t need to be the best hunters to keep rodents away. Since they are natural enemies, just their scent will be enough to keep the pest away.
- Seal Entry Points: They get inside your property through cracks in your walls or roof. Seal them to prevent pests from entering.
- Keep the Garbage Under the Lid: They are dumpster divers, so they won’t miss a chance to jump the leftovers in your garbage can. Put a lid over it so they won’t be able to get in.
- Keep Things Organized: Places that are cluttered and not organized will give them plenty of places to hide. Make sure to maintain your house and pantry organized.
- Trim the Bushes: They love bushes and shrubs, as they offer shade to hide in. Trim them to take away this opportunity for them.
- Plant Some Mint: They find the scent of mint highly repelling. By planting it in the garden and ruffling it now and again, you should be able to keep the rodents away.
- Use Mouse Traps: Mouse traps are a classic way to catch wandering visitors. If you don’t want to kill them with the standard mousetrap, you can use the kind that only captures, so that you may release them in the wild.
- Keep Food in Storage Covered: If you have food in storage, such as pet food or grains, you might want to cover it. Ideally, you should use metal containers, as they are more difficult to chew through.
- Clean Underneath Trees: Fallen fruit from the trees will attract rodents. You may want to make sure the underneath is clean and that there aren’t many fallen fruits there.
- Get Pest Control: Sometimes, the best way to keep pests away is to employ pest control. The professionals will know exactly what treatment to use to keep the rodents away.
How Much Does Rodent Control Program Cost?
This mainly depends on the size of your home and the extent of the infestation. For the most part, treatment in Townsville costs between $150 and $500.
How Long Does It Take to Apply Rodent Control?
Applying rodent control typically takes between 30 minutes and 2 hours. If liquid rat control is used, you might want to stay away from the house until the poison dries.
Will It Harm My Pets?
The majority of treatment won’t cause more than a couple of stomach issues to your pet. If you have a pet, you might want to talk with the pest controller, as they will choose a low-risk treatment option.
Why Choose Us
- Licensed Pest Technicians
- $20 Million Public Liability Insured
- 3 month warranty
- Local Gold Coast Business
- Eco-friendly Treatments
- Proud Member – Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association
- Fast and Reliable Exterminators
- Years of Experience in Pest Control Industry
- 100% Customer Focused service
- Free Quotations
Pest Control Service
- External and Internal Rodent Bait Stations
- Rodent Treatment
- Termite Inspection
- Mice, Black and Brown Rats
- Alligator Creek
- Cape Cleveland
- Reid River
- Mount Elliot
- Ross River
- Mount Stuart
- Oak Valley
- Majors Creek