Cockroach Control Townsvile
Treatment for Cockroaches
Cockroaches are quick to multiply, especially if they have a favourable environment. The moist air of Townsville usually makes them present in the majority of households. The experts from Pro Pest Control Townsville, we can help address your problem and prevent a potential health hazard.
Our comprehensive pest control plan is customized to your situation after a thorough inspection of your property. Hundreds of happy customers in Townsville have entrusted us to successfully and affordably address their cockroach problems.
Phone 07 4158 5555
We treat cockroaches by applying live treatment over the nests and potentially infected areas. The pesticide we use will typically have a transfer effect. This will deliver the pesticide to other hidden pests as well. Finally, we will apply preventive chemical treatment, which is expected to last for at least 6 months.
Why Are They A Problem?
Cockroaches are considered pests due to their potential of contaminating everything they walk over. They spread diseases such as E. coli, salmonella, staphylococcus, typhoid fever, and a variety of gastrointestinal contaminants. They can infect anything from residential complexes to business establishments and are overall a health hazard.
In Townsville, Queensland, you are likely to see the following species:
- American Roaches: It is reddish-brown and is common in homes.
- Australian Roaches: Black with yellow margins and is native to Australia.
- German Roaches: More common in sewers, compost heaps, and industrial areas.
Common Signs of Infestation
Cockroaches are nocturnal pests, so if you see them scurrying around at night, especially in the kitchen and bathroom, there is a good chance you are dealing with an infestation. If you have one in the house, more of them are likely on the way.
To prevent this from becoming an issue, you should call pest control service from the very first sighting. At Pro Pest Control Townsville, we can help you control your cockroach problem from the very beginning.
How Do You Know You Your Home Is Infested With Roaches?
Typically, you know you have an issue when you see the following signs:
- Droppings, especially on food
- Continuous sightings
- Egg capsules
- Moulted skin
- Smear marks, especially on counters
- A musty, foul smell in the home
Tips and Advice
Infestations can be prevented by using the following tips:
- Place Roach Traps: Roach traps can be found in various places, from local pest control shops to supermarkets, and they are inexpensive too. Most of them have growth inhibitors as the pest control solution, which will kill them for the next few months.
- Control Incoming Goods: A cockroach can hitchhike a ride in a box coming to your home. You may want to carefully inspect all the boxes that enter your house. If you can, open them on the porch.
- Seal the Cracks: Cockroaches can crawl in your home using cracks and gaps in your walls. You should seal all potential entry points to prevent them from coming in.
- Plug the Drains: Pests like damp spots, so there is a good chance they will be coming up through the drain. To prevent them from getting inside, you should keep the drains plugged in when the water is not running.
- Remove the Clutter: Clutter-filled homes are a paradise bugs and insects, as they offer plenty of spaces to hide in. To make your home feel less cosy to them, you might want to make sure it stays clean and free of clutter.
- Eat In Only One Room: When you have breakfast in the kitchen, lunch in front of the TV, and dinner in your bedroom, you’ll be leaving food crumbs everywhere. These attract creepy crawlies, so make sure you limit your eating areas.
- Put Lids on Leftovers: All types of pests love leftover food. Not only will forgotten food attract them, but it will also give them the chance to contaminate your food. Keep things under the lid to prevent that.
- Take Out the Trash: Trash also has leftovers, which tend to attract roaches. Take it our regularly to prevent an infestation.
- Keep the Floors Clean: Leftover crumbs falling on the floor is asking for trouble. You may want to sweep or vacuum the floors regularly to prevent the pests from having a reason to stay.
- Use Citrus: Cockroaches are naturally repelled by citrus. When mopping the floor, you might want to finish by using lemon water. You may also use lemon essential oil.
How Much Will the Pest Control Cost?
Pest control in Townsville can cost anything from $150 to $300. Mostly, it will depend on the size of the house, but the severity of the infestation may also influence the price.
How Often Should I Apply Cockroach Control?
Typically, the service should be applied every six months, to be on the safe side. However, if the problem in your area is big, you might want to consider making quarterly applications.
When Will They Be Gone?
This depends on the type of treatment used, but it will take about 48 hours for most of them to be gone. If the nest is bigger, it might take a few days for the entire nest to be killed, even those who were hidden.
Why Choose Us
- $20,000,000 Public Liability Insured
- QBCC License
- Best Price Gaurantee
- 12 month warranty
- Eco-friendly Pest Control
- Members of AEPMA.
- Fast and Reliable
- Licensed Pest Technicians
- 20 Years of Experience in Pest Control Industry
- Free Quotes
- 100% assured satisfaction
- Pest Treatments
- External and Internal Treatments
- Australian Cockroach Experts
- Reid River
- Mount Stuart
- Oak Valley
- Cape Cleveland
- Alligator Creek
- Mount Elliot
Reach out Now!
Our friendly experts are ready to help with the right solution for you.
Contact our friendly team to book your job today.
Phone us on 07 4158 5555